Sunday, December 22, 2013

Vintage Christmas Card Bunting


I'm a little behind in anything relating to Christmas this year. I decided not to stress myself out this Christmas and just go with the flow. You might just see quite a lot of Christmas related blog posts from me right up until about March I think!


It just goes to show that sometimes hanging on to things of sentimental value might just be of value to someone later on down the track. Going through my Mum's things this year, I came across all of her Christmas cards she got before she was married. There were also all of my birth greeting cards (I'm the eldest) plus engagement, kitchen tea and birthday greeting cards all from the 1950's and 1960's.


I couldn't stand parting with them but knew it would be too much to hold onto all of them. I gave some away to Facebook friends and then made myself and my two sisters each their own Christmas card bunting. It will be a great thing to bring out each Christmas to remind us of Mum and her remember her value of sentiment. The cards are so cute and were in perfect condition. Most of them still had a lot of glitter on them. I just used some vintage bias binding, also from her collection to hold them all together and sewn on the sewing machine.


A simple easy decorative item with sentimental value and it won't take up much room in the Christmas decorations box.

PS.  Not that my photos were ever much good but my phone is in being fixed and that's what I use for most of my photos these days. I'm using my son's iPod at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...